1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 portobello mushroom caps, stems and gills removed
4 thin slices country-style sourdough bread, cut in half
1/2 cup sliced jarred roasted red peppers
1/2 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped pitted Kalamata olives
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
2 cups loosely packed mixed baby salad greens
- Preheat grill to medium-high
- Mash garlic and salt on a cutting board with the side of a knife until it's a smooth paste. Mix the paste with 1 tablespoon oil in a small dish. Lightly brush the oil mixture over portobellos and then on one side of each slice of bread.
- Combine red peppers, tomato, feta,olives, vinegar, oregano and the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium bowl.
- Grill the mushroom caps until tender- about 4 minutes per side. Grill bread until crisp- about 1 minute per side
- Toss salad greens with the red pepper mixture. Place grilled mushrooms top-side down on 4 half-slices of the bread. Top with the salad mixture and remaining bread.