Easy Crockpot Chicken Chili
Pressed for time in the evening?
This slow-cooker recipe could be just the thing you need. Throw the ingredients in the pot the night before or before work, and enjoy a hearty meal when you get home. Don't forget the green salad!
* 3 medium carrots, sliced
* 1 medium red pepper, chopped into 3/4-inch pieces
* 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of fat and cut in half
* 1 15-ounce can no-salt-added corn, drained
* 1 15-ounce can reduced-sodium kidney beans, drained and rinsed
* 1 16-ounce jar low-sodium organic salsa
Place carrots and peppers at bottom of 4 quart crockpot, followed by chicken thigh pieces. Add corn, kidney beans and salsa. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Per Serving: Calories 402, Calories from Fat 46, Total Fat 5.2g (sat 1.2g), Cholesterol 94mg, Sodium 750mg, Carbohydrate 56.7g, Fiber 12.2g, Protein 32.4g